Monday, May 30, 2011

Float On

Modest Mouse has it quite right when they say "We'll all float on alright".

As a high school student nearing her end years, I take AP classes to raise my GPA (not really) and get credits for college (hopefully). The AP tests were the beginning of this month and let's just say I'm not that great with meeting deadlines.
I missed the regular deadline because my school's webstore is human-operated, meaning far from perfect. As I signed in 15 minutes from 12:00AM on the last day, I scoured the entire site only to find that the tests have been removed. The next week was Spring Break. The week after that (and then a few more days) I signed up for late testing. Let's just say I signed up at the last possible hour on Friday. As a result, my application was not officially received until Monday morning despite what computer records show.
Phone calls were made and in the end, I took my AP exam last Friday in a conference room with a vice-principal and it was awkward.

But my point is that everything works out as long as you smile sweetly. :)

Yeah, this post sucked, but it's a holiday and my brain is on vacation in Peru.

No comments: