Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chopsticks.

Win. :)

Since last week or so, my brother and I have been fighting. I revisited the old topic of the different ways we hold our chopsticks and I accused him of holding them wrong. He threw it back and said I was doing it wrong instead. Looking around the table, everyone held their chopsticks like him...
Er, I can't figure out how to properly describe the way they hold it so let me quickly draw a picture and upload it...

Alright, basically, the upper chopstick is clamped between the upper joint of the thumb and the middle finger. The lower chopstick is held by the lower joint and the right ring finger fingertip. What a mouthful. The index and pinky finger just kind of float around useless.
The logic here is a simple hand held tweezer thing. This is wrong. If you hold your chopsticks like this, you are wrong. Google says so. :D

So this is how I hold my choppers.
Even the picture looks more elegant, haha. This is correct. This is how I hold it. Upper chopstick is held in place by second and third; the upper joint of the thumb is the pivotal point. Lower chopstick kind of just clamped into balance on the joint of the ring finger and the thumb and... Argh! Just look at the picture.

Here is the dividing line in my family:
Incorrect way(s): step-mom, older brother, stepbrothers, grandparents
Correct way: mom, dad, me.

Huh.

No comments: