Friday, March 12, 2010

Duck Feet

So... you're supposed to have arches on your feet. Duck feet is when you don't. Hence... duck feet.
You have worse balance if you have duck feet and... Oh. Sorry. Official term is flat feet, but in Chinese it translates to duck feet. There's nothing wrong with flat feet, you just... don't have arches.
But you see, the funny thing is, when I was a kid, I had arches. I had beautiful gorgeous feet... Okay not really but I had normal feet. My brother was the one with the duck feet. Now, my bro has the... "nice" feet and I have duck feet.
I usually wouldn't care about this. I still don't really. But recently my friends have been getting a little rough. Bullying me is fun? Haha. I guess that's the true meaning of treating others as you want to be treated (I bully in jest.).
Anyway, so several times before, I've been shoved by my friend and she would say that she barely put any strength into it but I'd completely fly away.
Today, another friend was goofing off and had my neck in some kind of choke hold. If I were facing the right way, it'd have been nothing more than a friendly arm around the shoulder but I was going the other way so... duck feet, I stumbled.
Back...
Back...
Down.
My legs caught something and I fell. Right onto my classmate. I'm sorry if I offend but he--that's right, HE--is a wheelchair kid. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with him. In fact, we had just shared a class together. But I fell right onto him. Like sat on him.
As a witness friend testifies, "on his lap"
Okay, so shock. I shoot up and I'm embarrassed like the fiery, deep depths of DEATH. And all I could do was stand and smile awkwardly as I watched him fix up whatever I knocked out of place and God I am so sorry to him especially because of my backpack. It's huge.
"On his lap."
Oh God. THE IRONY WAS during lunch the same friend who caused this was messing around like crazy because she had a sugar rush and then she crashed during the next period. Then she came to me the period after that (this is the class that she, him, and I share) to apologise for her behaviour... Apology negated!!? Orz
"On his lap."!!!!

Oh btw, I found out the MTV thing is next Thursday. Next Thursday is my exciting field trip to the Exploratorium (I LOVE PHYSICS!)! So I won't be doing it after all. :)
BUT! AP Calculus is next on the list!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I appreciate your PO very much the picture with the article. Continues to refuel!!

Penny Newman said...

You are very entertaining. Great writing style. Love your blog.

Penny Newman said...

You are very entertaining. Great writing style. Love your blog.