Saturday, July 10, 2010

RAGE!

I admit that I may be very stupid sometimes, but if that's the case, then my brother is quite often a straight out retard. I apologize for not conforming to the political nonsense that we have all suddenly decided to adhere to as of late; it's hard to keep polite when all I see is red.

Forgive me, English teachers for I will now RANT with only one example!

Just now, I kicked him out of my room. Why was he in my room? He was using my laptop. Why was he able to use it? I didn't lock it, put it to sleep, or have it hibernate when I left earlier to go to dinner--there's no way I'm turning off my laptop so early!--but that's besides the point.
I didn't actually kick him out so much as I left, taking my laptop with me.
I went to his room. Chilled for a bit. Then he came and told me to go away. I did.

His computer committed suicide on Wednesday night, I believe. We have no idea why, but there are two theories. 1: It's stupid. 2: My dad keeps turning it off wrongly. My dad isn't technologically impaired. He knows what he's doing is bad for the computer. He does what he says though and he says that he'll pull the power if my brother's computer is on when he's out.

My brother's computer is the new Alienware desktop, Aurora. Fifty pounds of sleek design, shiny lights, and a hardcore cooling system. The internal mechanics are cool, too: Core i7 920 processor, 1 tb harddrive, and 2 graphics cards, etc. Latest technology stuff for intense gaming.
Very expensive.

Both the unit and the electricity bill.

My dad was steaming when my mom told him the price. Talk about raging waterfall when he saw the electric meter. My brother keeps the computer on all night when he's asleep and all day when he's away at class. He's downloading, he says.
So my dad cuts his power. Turns it off from the switchboard. He already gave all his warnings.

So it's been... about three months since my brother received the computer. It's dead now. We were joking about his three year warranty yesterday.

Nothing stops him though. Since I don't usually do anything to lock my computer when I'm away, I come back yesterday to see him hogging up my laptop.
Okay. I owe him since he's reformatting Mom's laptop for me. But he doesn't leave after he's done. I'm a nice person, if I do say so myself. I let him keep using it.
From about two in the afternoon until past midnight.

So here he was again tonight...

Last night was bad.
He does not give anything anywhere near close to even the least insignificant particle of dust floating somewhere equally as irrelevant about anything at all; as long as he is pleased, all is well.
After he left, my room was a mess, my cords were tangled into the chair, and my turtles were eating their own crud.
Don't get me wrong.
My room is always quite sloppy, but I make the mess, so I know my stuff is still okay. He just throws my books and papers here and there and they become irreparably bent and folded and I like my papers very flat and perfect, thank you very much!
I have two long wires connecting to my laptop. One for AC/DC power and the other for internet. The rubber coating on my power cord was constantly caught between the legs of my rolling chair and if it didn't pop out from the laptop, it became unplugged from my outlet, not to mention the rubber coating was getting scraped off by the sharp corners above the chair's wheels where it kept getting stuck. And in the afternoon, he pulled the internet cord too much and the modem came crashing down from where it sat. He did nothing to help fix it.
About my turtles... I got three more turtles last Sunday and they are ginormous. Full sized red-eared sliders. My own slider is what, 3 inches at most? These turtles are 5-6 inches each, and just because they're bigger, my brother decides that they have to be fed a lot of food everyday. I don't share his mindset so I don't feed them. So he does. And now, because of their plentiful diets, there is also plentiful waste. The water, which I previously changed once a week is now extremely murky within one day and I think I am almost out of turtle food. Not to mention he was a total ass the last time we changed the water and he soaked my carpet and me in the dirty water. He laughs at the memory. I do not want to be changing the water anytime soon and experiencing a repeat of that incident, but the tank's water is already a very dark green color and we only changed it on Thursday.
And come on, every girl needs some personal time. Especially during that certain week every month. Yep, it's my week.

So tonight, I come into my room seeking my personal time. Then I see the very selfish excuse for an older brother sitting in my chair using my laptop.
Get out. Go fix your own computer. Put that three year warranty to good use.
No.
Prod. Ignore. Smack. Block.
So I got fed up and pushed the power button. Which is totally fine because I set it up so that it only hibernates and no information gets lost should any smartypants want to screw with me.
So my brother is now like Noooooooooo.... And he keeps trying to turn my computer back on by pushing the power button multiple times then holding it when pushing doesn't work and then pushing it again because holding it has no effect either. Fortunately, you can't stop the hibernation process once you have started it, as I have found out on many frustrating occasions, not unless you unplug the laptop and pull out the battery or something. But still, it can't be good to keep spamming the power button.
So I slam the laptop shut and I unplug it from everything--the fan, the AC power, the internet, and the large speakers--and I walk away.

And the rest is... already written above.

That is, until I come back into my room.
It's wet again.

I am speechless.

It wasn't hard to find out what he did. He poured some water from a nearby bottle onto the fan as it spun to a stop.

...No, actually, I am not speechless.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? Why would he do such a thing? It's obvious that water will fly all over the place and onto places that should not/cannot be wet! HELL! He's pouring it onto an electrical device.
What was he thinking? Does he even think at all? What is this, a hissy fit? He is an ADULT now, a "major" as he so often proudly proclaims himself.
ACT LIKE ONE.

I've only got until my battery runs out; I can't plug it back in because he got the converter of my AC/DC power cord soaked, too.

For that and everything else he got wet, I hope that he can't fix his computer on his own.
For being hypocritical and looking down on people when he is the most outrageous himself, if he ever sends it to get fixed, I hope the people doing the job it will be dickheads and refuse service.
For being self-indulgent, self-centered, and altogether selfish asshole, I hope that should he bought a replacement, it will only be an extremely shitty less than $700 netbook incapable of doing anything other than typing.

No comments: